I thought it would be fun to make this my first tutorial. It's fairly simple, good for any beginner/intermediate sewer.
Outer Shell - 1/2 yard cotton print fabric
Inner Lining - 1/2 yard solid cotton broadcloth fabric (or you can self-line the bag with the same material you use for the outer shell)
Satin Ribbon - 48" (Cut in 2 pieces 24" long)
There will be some excess of materials.
2. Measure 1.75" from the top and 0.5" from the side, cut notch on both sides. Measure from the bottom and from the side 1.5" and cut out bottom corners. Repeat for lining.
3. With the right sides facing each other, sew sides and bottom of outer shell fabric.
4. Sew sides and bottom of lining fabric. Leave about 3" gap in the bottom seam of the lining.
6. Sew along open edges on both sides, repeat for lining.
8. Insert lining into the outer shell so the right sides of the fabric are facing each other.
10. Look at it.
12. Pull outer shell from the small gap you left in the bottom of the lining. Not pictured: top stitch or blind stitch the opening in the lining once everything it pulled through.
14. Fold top edge about 0.5" towards the inside and sew.
16. The ribbon will come out the same side. Repeat for the opposite side.
18. Knot each side and trim excess ribbon at an angle.
20. And now you have a proper bag to reveal your fate!
Feel free to comment with questions if any of the instructions aren't clear, happy sewing!!